Zweitblog beachten!

Travel Kiwi - Jetzt mit aktuellen Reiseberichten!
____________________________________________________


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sushi

First time I made sushi at home was on 1. May 2007, together with a friend. This is the second time I made sushi. Again with a friend for visit. It is a nice thing to do and fun if doing it with someone else.

I had sushi rice, nori, rice vinegar, wasabi, soy sauce and of course the bamboo mat to roll it. For the filling we had cucumber, an avocado, a carrot and smoked salmon. The carrot we steamed, the cucumber we used raw. And the avocado was forgotten... Well, this is our result:

Five neat looking rolls of Maki sushi. We ate them with chopsticks, wasabi and soy sauce.

I have to realize that the taste of wasabi is very different to the hot spices I know. Red hot you have to clean your nose. Green hot simply blowes through and hurts.
But I love hot food!

No comments: