Zweitblog beachten!

Travel Kiwi - Jetzt mit aktuellen Reiseberichten!
____________________________________________________


Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Last Unicorn

The last unicorn... It's a masterpiece of Peter S. Beagle, first published in 1968!
The first time I heard of it was when watching it to the end of the 1980s as the animation movie became famous. I loved it from the start!
Although I didn't think the unicorn was one of the most beautiful I ever saw. It was the magic of the story that got me.
Making my own magical interpretion of the unicorn was one of my oldest dreams. This year I finally made it true.
The figurine is made out of Fimo, the German polymer clay, enstabled within with wire and aluminium foil. The horn finally is made out of MoldiMix, a special plastic that doesn't need to be burnt.
If you don't know the last unicorn you might want to look here: LastUnicorn.
It's worth knowing this great novel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! Love the movie!