Zweitblog beachten!

Travel Kiwi - Jetzt mit aktuellen Reiseberichten!
____________________________________________________


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Michiko

It was October, the 4th, a saturday. The first saturday after my birthday... I went to the animal shelter and fell in love with this adorable little dsungarian hamster.

She is about 1-2 years old, which is quite a good age for this hamster, as they usually reach 1,5-3 years. I didn't want a baby hamster. I like giving older animals a nice home. And Michiko surely diserved a nice home. She lives in an aquarium with the sizes: 130x50x50, but it still seems too small for her. I let her run around in the living room from time to time (hard to see her in wake moments) and then I notice how much a hamster should run.

In the wild they run on the search for food about 8km per night. In the cage she has a running wheel, the same one as my mice have and she uses it a lot.

She is such an adorable little thing! Very interested in everything!


As for her running around I built a little bridge to the living room. She knows how to use it, that's not the problem. Unfortunatly she turned out to be sleeping for long into the night so I don't see her much and can't let her running around as much as I would like to.
Still she gives me the feeling to be a happy hamster.

No comments: