Zweitblog beachten!

Travel Kiwi - Jetzt mit aktuellen Reiseberichten!
____________________________________________________


Sunday, June 21, 2009

Working Holiday Visa

My immigration plans to Australia are a little bit complicated. Well, first things first. I will go this part of my life step by step and at each point I need to check if I can go on to the next point.

First step:

Entering Australia with the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417).
  • This visa allows me to be in Oz for one year and to work for a maximum of six months for the same employer.
  • It is for people between 18 and 30 years. For the application you shouldn't have held your 31. birthday.
  • After applying you have 12 months to enter Oz. So officially it is possible to enter Oz for one year on the day before your 32. birthday.
  • You must apply for this visa from outside Oz.
  • There are no dependent children to travel with you.
  • You need sufficient funds of money. Approximately 5,000AUD (ca. 2.900 EUR)
  • You need a return flight or additional money to be able to pay it.
For further information check the official immigration site: >klick<

Second step:

Apply for the second Working Holiday Visa.
  • To be eligable to do so I must complete three months of specified work in regional Australia.
  • For applications there are the same age rules as for the first visa. So you should have done those three months before your 31. birthday.
  • If applying from outside Oz you must be outside Oz when getting the visa granted.
  • If you apply from within Oz you must be within Oz when getting the visa granted. Easy, eh?
For further information: >klick<

This is planning for the next two years. Enough to think about for the moment. As I always have to have the requirements for the second year in my mind I think that will keep me busy.

No comments: