Zweitblog beachten!

Travel Kiwi - Jetzt mit aktuellen Reiseberichten!
____________________________________________________


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tommy and Snoopy


Snoopy (left) and Tommy (right) are a male standard blue and a female purple opalin budgerigar. They live with me since 2002 and are now 6 years old. In the beginning it looked like having two male budgies, that is why Tommy still has her male name.


I did a lot of mistakes in the beginning. After having had a budgie as a kid I thought I knew enough about these birds. Two years ago I started to learn a lot about the appropriate keeping of budgies. I think it is my fault that Tommy can't fly any more and I feel very guilty for that. I try to do everything right now. I started with buying a large cage (it is still a bit too small, but its better for Tommy because she sometimes has troubles climbing long distances), feeding them a good food and giving Snoopy the possibility of flying in the living room every day. He doesn't use it, I think he is too scared... But I know he can still fly, sometimes it just happens... :-)

No comments: